[ic] MySQL and Text files

Jason Griffiths jason@wiredwebsites.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:41:51 -0800

Hi,

I am new to Interchange, and I have a question about MySQL.  I have got
MySQL and Interchange working but there is one thing I dont understand:

Database        products        products.txt    dbi:mysql:tutorialdata

In the above line, why do I have to specify products.txt, even after all of
my data has been imported into the database?  Is there a way to use only the
database?  All of the examples I have found are similar to the one above,
such as:

Database arbitrary arbitrary.asc dbi:mSQL:minivend:localhost:1114

So I guess what I am saying is, if I have a database, why do I need to
specify an ascii file?  This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure it
out!

Thanks,

Jason Griffiths
Engineering Director