[ic] Please wait while your request is processed

jojo@blackpoint.de jojo@blackpoint.de
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:57:03 +0100 (CET)

On 15 Mar, Bill Randle wrote:
[DEL]
> Another possibility, perhaps (untested):
> 	<HTML>
> 	<HEAD></HEAD>
> 	<BODY>
> 	<other tags you may want to use>
> 	[mvasp]
> 	<%
> 	    HTML "This will take awhile, please be patient...";
> 	    $Document->send(); # flush buffer
> 	    $Document->hot(1); # send stuff as soon as it's written
>
> 	    # some perl task that takes awhile
> 	    # if there are some points in the process you can update the
> 	    # user status, so much the better. E.g.:
> 	    # foreach (@some_array) {
> 	    #   HTML " ."; # show another period as a progress indicator
> 	    #   some code that processes each item
> 	    # }
>
> 	    HTML "<br>All done, thank you for waiting.";
> 	%>
> 	[/mvasp]
> 	</BODY>
> 	</HTML>

I've tested your codes with

    [mvasp]
    <%
	    HTML "This will take awhile, please be patient...";
	    $Document->send(); # flush buffer
	    $Document->hot(1); # send stuff as soon as it's written

	    # some perl task that takes awhile
	    # if there are some points in the process you can update the
	    # user status, so much the better. E.g.:
	    # foreach (@some_array) {
	    #   HTML " ."; # show another period as a progress indicator
	    #   some code that processes each item
	    # }
    $i=0;
    HTML "<BR>In process ";

    for ($i = 1; $i <= 30; $i++)
    {
    HTML " .";
    $Document->send();
    select(undef,undef,undef,1.000);
    }
    HTML "<br>All done, thank you for waiting.";
    %>
    [/mvasp]

and I get the whole page after the mvasp is finish (30 seconds) and I
can't see another period (HTML " .";) during the process. What did I do
wrong?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger          black point arts Internet Solutions GmbH