[ic] checkout lag

Dave Barr barrd@mac.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:33:15 +0000

You haven't said what user-agents or OS you were using... however I
had the same problem using Netscrape under Mac/Unix/Wdoze. With M$IE
the tables are built much faster. The reason is that there is a great
deal of extraneousness HTML (produced with a WYSIWYG editor?) in the
standard pages that come with the "Construct Something" distribution.

Try cutting back the HTML (and I also seem to remember that for me at
least, removing the JavaScript that does a tax lookup if in the
States expedited things somewhat).

Dave