[ic] MySQL and Text files

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:55:15 -0800

At 08:41 PM 03/15/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I am new to Interchange, and I have a question about MySQL.  I have got
>MySQL and Interchange working but there is one thing I dont understand:
>Database        products        products.txt    dbi:mysql:tutorialdata
>In the above line, why do I have to specify products.txt, even after all of
>my data has been imported into the database?  Is there a way to use only the
>database?  All of the examples I have found are similar to the one above,
>such as:
>Database arbitrary arbitrary.asc dbi:mSQL:minivend:localhost:1114
>So I guess what I am saying is, if I have a database, why do I need to
>specify an ascii file?  This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure it
>Jason Griffiths
>Engineering Director
>Wired Websites

Jason -

Straight from the docs:

To use an existing SQL database instead of importing, set the NoImport
directive in catalog.cfg to include any database identifiers not to be

    NoImport  products inventory

- Ed L.

>Interchange-users mailing list

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax