[ic] Install Problem on FBSD box.. please help

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:59:23 -0500

Quoting Mark Stosberg (mark@summersault.com):
> Mike K wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone....
> >
> > I setup the user interchange and ran ./configure.  It installed the required
> > perl modules and then said to cd /usr/local/interchange then type
> > bin/makecat
> >
> > However, there is no bin subdir of interchange.  I did cat locale.error and
> > the output is pasted below.  Please help!!
>
> I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed yet. This is what worked for me
> with Minivend on FreeBSD:
>
> As root:
>  perl Makefile.PL
>  make
>  make test
>
> as mvend: (or whatever the interchange user is called)
>  make install PREFIX=/usr/local
>
> ################################
>
> I think that will put everything in /usr/local/interchange

It really depends on how your Perl was installed. BSD often has
non-standard Perl installs, with non-intuitive default settings
of the INSTALLARCHLIB, INSTALLPRIVLIB, etc. We try, but we can't
characterize the problem as the BSD perl installs seem to be all
over the map.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman