[ic] User Coupons

Jason Shimazu jshimazu@mail.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:57:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I am an IC newbie. Our company saw Interchange at a linux expo and got
interested. Now I've been given an assignment on an upcoming promotion
involved with user coupons. Suppose that they will get a chance to input a
coupon code at checkout and the discount will apply to that entire order.
And the coupon can only be used once per user. I am thinking about creating
another table for recording the coupon usage for the users (for one coupon
one user) and do the database check/modify at checkout time. But I dont know
too much about IC yet. Can anybody give some suggestions on how I can
implement this feature? Using some capabilities built-in the Construct
Template? Anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
J. Shimazu

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com