[ic] error accessing genconfig.html in IC administration

Curt Hauge chc@mninter.net
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:16:06 -0600

Hi everyone,

A recent 4.6.3 tarball conversion from MV4.04 on Linux Mandrake 6.0 displays this message in /catalogs/mycat/error.log _and_ interchange/error.log whenever I access genconfig.html (Administration) from the Interchange Administration logged in as Super User:

[some_more_info] mycat /cgi-bin/mycat/admin/genconfig.html Can't read file '/local_path/catalogs/mycat/etc/status.mycat' with NoAbsolute set

Is this normal? It doesn't seem to hurt anything, so should I just live with it? When I switch NoAbsolute to No, it works fine, however, I understand NoAbsolute is set to Yes for security reasons, so I don't want to set it to No if this leaves me at any risk. It is a single catalog installation, however, I also have a newly configured test cat on this server with the same problem. The NoAbsolute definition says:

...This should be changed (to Yes) in a multi-user environment to minimize security problems...

Does multi-user mean more than one catalog or more than one person accessing the administration area of _any_ catalog? The archives have produced nothing more in regard to this same error message or NoAbsolute. Anyone familar with this or have any other key words to search on?

Thanks in advance.

Curt Hauge