[ic] HTML editor

Greg Gaskill g.gaskill@aboron.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:09:06 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Beima" <jbeima@reality.palb.com>
To: <interchange-users@lists.akopia.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] HTML editor

> If you are a REAL web developer, you should use vi, vim, gvim, pico,
notepad, or
> just plain old MS-DOS edit.
> Frontpage is for people who know nothing. No professional in his right
> would be caught dead using FrontPage. God the hours I have spent cleaning
up the
> crappy useless code it produces.
> Here is a simple answer real professional web authors write their own
code. Just
> like real programmers. Are you a professional or not? God I always love
> one! (-: FrontPage YUCK!

Actually, I let the graphic artists use whatever they are comfortable with,
then clean
up the raw html and wedge in the interchange tags where needed.  I consider
a programmer not a visual artist, so I don't use Frontpage for coding, and I
require them to use a text editor for layout and  design.  I say what fields
are needed
on a particular type of page, and they "paint me a picture" of a web page.
This way
we end up with an end product that looks good and also works correctly.