[ic] FrontPage

F. James Rohlf rohlf@life.bio.sunysb.edu
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:47:30 -0500

I seemed to have touched a raw nerve!

Yes, I am a programmer! I started using SOAP (an assembly language) on the
IBM 650 in 1958. I have gone through _many_ languages since then. I also am
quite comfortable in HTML etc. However, when there is a tool that saves time
I use it. I want to get the job done. Developing an entire website in an
ASCII editor is possible (I have done it to learn) but it is a waste of time
for routine use when _real_ HTML editors offer so many conveniences.

I asked the question because I thought there might be enough usage of IC
that someone would have developed special add-on tools for one of the HTML
editors. I take it that the answer is 'no'.

Jim