[ic] It works Zack, ... but ... Problems with no absolutes in config file / Using one source file for databases in two stores

Christopher VanOosterhout chris@vanoosterhout.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:17:23 -0500

Zack,

Thanks for the great suggestion ... it works and for that I am
appreciative.  My remaining comment and question would be: Shouldn't it
have worked the other way also?  The documentation seems to indicate that
as long as you have the NoAbsolute set to No that Interchange should be
able to grab any file anywhere as long as it has permissions for that file.

Also are there any know security or operations concerns with setting a
database to link instead of a regular file.  I understand that using
NoAbsolute set to No has security issues of its own  ... however I am the
lone operator of all the stores currently and for the future operating on
this machine.

Christopher