[ic] open login warning (?)

Dan Garwood res087jh@verizon.net
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:30:08 -0500

I did not try Mike, I guess I should of. I am getting ready to set up a test
server tonight I will try unless someone else does it first

Dan Garwood
E-Profit Designes

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Mike Heins
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 3:58 PM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] open login warning (?)

Quoting Rene Hertell (rene@hertell.com):
> > ":backup" with no
> > password.  I believe it is a group definition.  It allows logins without
> > password and possesses nearly full permissions.
> > I'm asterisk-ing out the password field to prevent logins.
> It works also on 4.6.3...

Oops. We need to put a * in the password field.
Has anyone been able to modify any tables logged in as that user? Or
upload any files?

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".

Interchange-users mailing list