[ic] Grabbing a web page content using LWP::Simple

Jimmy Eaton jeaton@silverclicks.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:06:10 -0500 (EST)

I need to grab the contents of a web page. I have tried using the below
code.

[perl Global=1 subs=1]
use LWP::Simple
my $return=LWP::Simple::get('http::/www.somesite.com/index.html')
return $return
[/perl]

No matter what library I use and the arguments to the perl call. I can not
get it to return the page. It will send the request but will hang up trying
to read from the socket.

I have tried setting it up as a Global Sub, as a usertag and plain perl
using Use Socket. The code will work fine outside of minivend but will
always hang when it comes to reading from the socket. It will write to the
socket but can not read from it.

How can one read in the contents of a web page?

Jimmy Eaton