[ic] Advice please on whether Interchange is the right path

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:30:29 -0800

At 12:02 AM 3/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>The costs associated with using Verisign are the one thing that concern me at
>this point in our selection.  We only have experience with one other processor
>and it was not good.  It has been very difficult to dig up information or find
>people willing to share their experiences with processors and which ones are
>good, service and price wise.

True.  Information has been hard to come by, but I would share these tips:

1. Costco credit card processing is cheap.  (But doesn't work out of the
box with IC -- one would simply need to utilize their trivial HTTP POST for
processing).
2. Verisign is medium-priced, but works (almost) out of the box with IC.
3. Verisign is willing to negotiate rates and fees (don't ask me how, I
didn't do it).

There has to be some massive online resource about this kind of thing that
have pooled information.  (If not, there should be).

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com