[ic] Re: Paypal

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:55:48 -0500

Quoting David Schnardthorst - Eregion (daves@eregion.org):
> I have found a lot of postings concerning integration with
> Paypal.  However, I have not found anybody yet who has complete
> integration.  Has this occurred yet, and if so, where can
> I get some examples.

It is easy to *get to* PayPal, just not so easy to get back.

Integrating is as simple as providing a button on the checkout
page. But completing the order is at the whim of the buyer, who
would have to click the link paypal.com provides on the payment
final page.

That is the problem with most of the send-them-to-a-website payment
providers.

Possible workarounds include setting up an email parser that would
receive emailed order notifications from PayPal and complete the order,
etc. And if by some chance PayPal allows a "silent post" then it
can be completed.

Unfortunately they appear to have no developer integration links on
their website; I have looked (as recently as two days ago) and there
is no technical info on how to integrate.

Right now there is and can be no module. No one has ever ponied up with
consulting dollars to have us integrate one, and there has been no
user-integrated module. And without technical info, I won't spend my
time working in the dark to do one.

So there it sits.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock