[ic] Sales Tax - how to set the VAT (UK)

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 12:50:43 +0100

> I would like to know how to set the VAT so it is calculated on to
> the shopping
> cart and prices displayed @17.5% for all orders in the UK.
> I have looked on the website (developer resources) at:

I do pretty much what the developer site says:

in catalog.cfg:

	SalesTax         tax_code

this tells ic to use what is in the tax_code value as a reference to the tax
to use.

and on ord/checkout.html:

	[perl] $Values->{tax_code} = 'VAT'; return; [/perl]

although, equally I suppose I could use:

	[value name=tax_code set=VAT]

Then, the bit which actually sets the tax rate, in the preferences section
of the admin interface:

TAXAREA: VAT
TAXRATE: VAT=17.5
TAXSHIPPING: VAT

(alternatively, this can be done through the Tax section in admin)

This method, as it is, applies VAT to all shipping locations which has been
fine for me as all shops have shipped within the uk only. I am not really
clear on vat charges when shipping to other countries as I have never needed
to do this.

HTH

Jonathan
Webmaint.