[ic] Coupon codes...

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:50:07 -0500 (EST)

On 26 Mar 2001, Doug Alcorn wrote:

DA>>I don't know, I haven't tried.  My only concern with putting discounts
DA>>in the products table is that it becomes searchable with the rest of
DA>>the products.  Maybe you don't care where your customers get the
DA>>discount code as long as they buy something.  Maybe you do.

I think that if a person goes to that much work to find out a discount
code that they deserve to get it.
I'm not going to knowingly set a discount code that will cause me to
lose money, so it's no real disaster if they do find it out.
And, as you said, as long as I am generating some revenue that's a good
thing. I'll get them the next time that they come back and I've changed
the discount codes.

When I order from Uline on line I will call their customer service
number on the phone to get the current discount codes to use. They give
them to me without a problem.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, March 26, 2001 at 20:40 PM:
To err is human. To moo bovine

This Linux System has been up 772 hours