[ic] Server question

Jim jdix@home.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:05:26 -0800

Jim

I gather that "usr/loca/..." is the same as "domainname/"
perhaps you misunderstood me. I'm setting up a site for a client. It is
"www.hisdomainname.com"
It has it's own cg-bin area.

When I tar'ed the file, it did create everything rather quickly. But, when I run
"config", I got the following error:

----copy starts-----
Found Perl 5.00404 as /usr/local/bin/perl

If you get a CPAN error, rerun the configuration and it
should go away.

syntax error at Makefile.PL line 532, near ") for "
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 775.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.
------ error copy ends ------

The way people seem to be discussing things  here, is as if they are runing a
server. I'm not. Have no access the server root, just domainname root. Is this
my problem?

I don't understand what you mean by "usr/loca/src". Here is what I did:
[1]- FTP'ed the tar file it to www.domainname.com/cgi-bin
[2]- Telnet'ed in and tar'ed it and it created a directory called
interchange-4.6.4 with a swack of files and sub-dirs uner it. Seeing that it
like a directory called "interchange", I rennamed the directory from
interchange-4.6.4 to interchange.
[3]- ran 'config and got the errors as noted above.

Whew... :)

Jim D