[ic] Server question

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:31:25 -0500

> I gather that "usr/loca/..." is the same as "domainname/"

Nope! It's not the same.

> perhaps you misunderstood me. I'm setting up a site for a client. It is
> "www.hisdomainname.com"
> It has it's own cg-bin area.

Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong here, but you have to set the
server up so that it is accessible server wide. (Well, maybe not 'have to',
but I don't think that you can easily set it up within a users own space.)

The cgi-bin are comes into play for the users catalogs, and is not set up
until after you have the server up and running.

> When I tar'ed the file, it did create everything rather quickly. But, when
I run
> "config", I got the following error:
>
> ----copy starts-----
> Found Perl 5.00404 as /usr/local/bin/perl

Now, HERE is a major problem! You have to have version 5.005 or higher, and
during the installation of the server, it will go out and get the latest and
greatest and install it - and for that you need root access.

-= Jim =-