[ic] SendMail is Working ... How to send out confirmation emails

Christopher VanOosterhout chris@vanoosterhout.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:14:49 -0500

Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

Send mail is in fact working.  The reason I know this, is because I, as the
administrator/OrderToPerson get a copy of the order for
processing.  However I a copy does not get sent to the customer.   It seems
to me that there also would have to be some way to configure this "to the
customer email."

After searching more through the archives I have found other pieces ... but
can not seem to put it all together.

I am confused as to if a lot of the references in the docs and FAQs
are  out of date.   There is talk about a report. file, a report.html file
and a form_mail.cfg file.  I can find the report.html, and I think I
understand that one.

I can not however find either the form_mail.cfg or the report. file.  Is
there any documentation on this?

What files are actually needed?
What changes or modifications are needed in the catalog.cfg files?

When you say that this confirmation email functionality works out of the
box, do you mean the simple demo?  I see a lot of reference to that demo in
the documentation, however I did not get that with my distribution.  I got
"construct" and those files do not seem to be included.

What am I missing?

Could someone send me a copy of the needed configuration changes?

Thanks,

Christopher