[ic] expireall and server --start fail to run in crontab (was: Where is checkstat.sh?)

Jason Kohles jkohles@redhat.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:59:11 -0500

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 03:51:33PM -0600, Curt Hauge wrote:
> Thanks again. If I understood correctly, bin/interchange will re-config the
> catalogs but will not restart the server unless it is down (and the
> interchange/error. log seems to support this). I was informed in a prior
> post that (supposedly) bin/interchange replaces the old checkstat.sh script.
> Is there some other automatic way to be sure the server is running? Others
> must have something working or they will have to manually restart (WHEN they
> find out the serve IS down).

Ahh, I must have misread your previous message, I thought you were running
interchange -r from cron, which would stop and restart the server, temporarily
taking it off-line.  Running it with no arguments (or with --serve or -start)
would be appropriate for ensuring it is running.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect