[ic] How to backup and upgrade

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
28 Mar 2001 17:57:07 -0500

DB <DB@clevelandcrystals.com> writes:

> If my host went under and I had to reinstall IC on a different
> machine, would a copy of the catalog directories be all that's
> needed to get back in business?

Pretty much.  Don't forget the interchange.cfg that's in the base
interchange directory.  It basically has system wide settings and a
list of all the catalogs.

> And what about upgrading to new versions as they come out? How does
> one upgrade without losing existing catalogs?

Mike has said that you can just install right on top of the old
version without any negative side-effects.

,----[ Miek Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>, 24 Mar 01
`----

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543