[ic] To Interchance or not to Interchange!

UP - Jason jason@universalplaythings.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:22:45 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C0B8A7.29359300

Greetings Interchangers!

I am considering the use of Interchange and the purchase of a support =
contract from Redhat.  I am writing to ask for your specific advice.  =
Along those lines, I have some questions that I would be very grateful =
to have answered here.  Here goes:

    1.. Is Interchange better than platforms like Intershop, Miva, and =
others?=20
    2.. Redhat positions Interchange as a Blue Martini and Broadvision =
killer.  Is this true?  Does Interchange kick butt?
    3.. I have a very competent front-end development team that also =
have really solid back-end skills.  Will they be able to do all of the =
set-up and integrations work easily or should I choose an established =
integrator?
    4.. How can I find an installer/integrator?  If you are one =
yourself, feel free to email me directly with examples of your work and =
a description of your company and services.
    5.. Redhat is offering me a service contract.  Should I buy it if I =
choose to work with my own team and not an established Interchange =
integrator?
    6.. What can you tell me, pro/con about using Interchange?

Thank you all for any answers you can provide.  I started a similar =
conversation on the mailing list of a lowly competitor of Interchange =
and was pleased and even surprised to receive honest and open opinions =
about the product.  They trashed it.  That's why I am here.

Kindly,

Jason J. Seeber

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C0B8A7.29359300

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings Interchangers!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am considering the use of Interchange =
and the=20
purchase of a support contract from Redhat.&nbsp; I am writing to ask =
for your=20
specific advice.&nbsp; Along those lines, I have some questions that I =
would be=20
very grateful to have answered here.&nbsp; Here goes:</FONT></DIV>
<OL>
  <OL>
    <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is Interchange better than platforms =
like=20
    Intershop, Miva, and others?&nbsp;</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Redhat positions Interchange as a =
Blue Martini=20
    and Broadvision killer.&nbsp; Is this true?&nbsp; Does Interchange =
kick=20
    butt?</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a very competent front-end =
development=20
    team that also have really solid back-end skills.&nbsp; Will they be =
able to=20
    do all of the set-up and integrations work easily or should I choose =
an=20
    established integrator?</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How can I find an =
installer/integrator?&nbsp; If=20
    you are one yourself, feel free to email me directly with examples =
of your=20
    work and a description of your company and services.</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Redhat is offering me a service =
contract.&nbsp;=20
    Should I buy it if I choose to work with my own team and not an =
established=20
    Interchange integrator?</FONT></LI>
    <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What can you tell me, pro/con about =
using=20
    Interchange?</FONT></LI></OL></OL>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you all for any answers you can=20
provide.&nbsp; I started a similar conversation on the mailing list of a =
lowly=20
competitor of Interchange and was pleased and even surprised to receive =
honest=20
and open opinions about the product.&nbsp; They trashed it.&nbsp; That's =
why I=20
am here.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kindly,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jason J. =
Seeber</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C0B8A7.29359300--