[ic] ISO-8859-2 Problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:05:20 -0500

Quoting klosar18@email.si (klosar18@email.si):
> ----------------------------------
> em this is actually why we switched to excel exporting
> :)
> the tab delimiting was creating weird characters,and
> when excel did the same thing I posted the problem
> here.Just to be safe I reinstalled interchanged tried
> the import/export thing in excel and tab delimited
> again with no luck.The characters always get messed up.

I think you should understand that without seeing what is going
wrong there is nothing we can do. I don't understand the reluctance
to provide real data.

The final steps in giving us enough info is to:

	1. Create a good file (just a few records is OK).
	2. Import it.
	3. Export it back to a different file.

Attach both the original file and the exported ASCII file to
an email message (you can send to me directly) and we will
see what we see.

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman