[ic] Ordering question

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
01 May 2001 12:49:55 -0400

Tom Lichti <tom@redpepperracing.com> writes:

> What I want to do is change the order process such that no payment
> info is taken, but everything else is done normally. We are a small
> business (so far!) and although technology is great, we want to give
> our customers the 'personal touch'.

It's not too hard to add new order methods.  On one catalog I allowed
for "Call In".  Basically the order went on file and the store got the
email.  However, no payment terms were taken.  Then either the store
ro the customer made the phone call to finish the order.  Is that what
you're wanting?

I would have to do some hunting to find out how I did that.  They
ultimately dropped this feature.  I don't know if I still have the
code or not.

The place to start looking is for payment methods on the checkout
page.  I think there used to be a payment method of "Call me" or some
such.  I think what I had to do was restore some of the missing pieces
for this "Call me" paymen method.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543