[ic] Meta filters in Admin Interface to allow HTML code

Zachary Matthews zac@mediapc.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 11:54:46 -0700

This concerns IC 4.6.4:

One of my databases, 'careers' has a field, 'content' which contains
HTML code.  I have an administrative user who has permission to make new
entries in this database.  When she enters HTML code via the admin
interface, the HTML gets converted ie:

So I logged in as the Super User, and changed the META for this field,
'content', to use the filter 'simple text2html'.  This fixed the
problem, but only when I am logged in as the super user and make an
entry with HTML code.  However, when I log back in as an administrator
without super user privileges, and make a new entry, the HTML code is
getting encoded again.

Anyone else had this problem?  Is there a bug in the admin interface
that doesn't read the filter field of mv_metadata?