[ic] newbie problem

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Thu, 03 May 2001 16:48:06 -0500

Well let's start with the obvious :) I would rpm -e the $%#@ thing and
let it do it's own thing with rpm -ivh blah.rpm. Now we should have an
install in /usr/lib/interchange and upon running makecat you should
(assuming you just accept defaults) make you a catalog in
/var/lib/interchange/catalogs. It will be named construct. You should be
able to access that catalog via a browser with:
http://your.domain.com/cgi-bin/consruct Now you have a working (should
have) catalog. Once you have accomplished that and see how the pieces
are on your machine (all the pieces) you can play as much as you want.
You can place catalogs wherever you want and you can install wherever
you want but first make sure you have an understanding and a working
model to follow.

Steve