[ic] httpd.conf settings? Please help..

Brian brianmac@brimac.com
Fri, 04 May 2001 07:30:16 -0700

On Fri, 4 May 2001 10:55:23 +0300
"Rene Hertell" <rene@hertell.com> wrote:

Rene> > All I did for my site was add this:
Rene> >
Rene> > 	DirectoryIndex /cgi-bin/construct/index.html
Rene> >
Rene> > to my <virtualhost> section.  I figure the odds are really slim that this
Rene> > will ever match anything in another subdirectory.
Rene> >
Rene>
Rene> You could put the same line into a .htaccess file (/var/www/html/.htaccess).
Rene> All RewriteRule stuff should also work from this file. I'm not sure, but I
Rene> guess that if you make changes to the httpd.conf file, then the apache
Rene> server has to be restarted... With the .htaccess file you don't have to do
Rene> that :)
Rene>
Rene> René
Rene>
Yes, you'll have to restart httpd if you make changes to the httpd.conf
file.

--
Brian - brianmac@brimac.com
My Home Page: http://www.brimac.com/~brianmac

The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the
 "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.