[ic] perl in interchange.cfg or catalog.cfg?

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Fri, 04 May 2001 09:38:09 -0700

At 11:28 AM 05/04/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there an easy way to embed perl in the interchange.cfg or catalog.cfg
>files similar to <perl> sections in httpd.conf (apache/mod_perl)? I am
>trying to link my interchange configuration with my mysql database. I
>found a way but it involved making changes to Vend/Config.pm. I am using
>4.7.1.
>
>Bill Carr
>Worldwide Impact
>bill@worldwideimpact.com
>413.253.6700

Hmmm...take a look at the docs on User defined tags, and also the Globalsub
directive for interchange.cfg (Config docs).

You've lost me (and no doubt others) with 'link my interchange
configuration with my mysql database' - Interchange supports mySQL for
databases via the Perl DBI - did you read the docs for 'Interchange Database'?

Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax