[ic] unsubscribe.......get me off this list please

Adi Linden adi@adis.on.ca
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:34:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

To clarify first, I am not associated with the sender of the "RE: [ic]
unsubscribe.......get me off this list please" message nor do I agree with
his method of attracting attention...

    BUT

Prior to going on long trips I usually unsubscribe from mailing lists to
cut down on the messages I have to download via landline modem. The last 2
times I went traveling I have been unsuccessful in unsubscribing by both
methods I know of, sending an 'unsubscribe' message to

   'Interchange-announce-request@lists.akopia.com'

and by accessing

In both instances I received confirmation that I was unsubscribed but
messages are still coming in...

To me it's just been a minor annoyance. And hey, worst case scenary I just
add the list address to my spamblock. A rather rude way to unsubscribe but
it'll stop the messages from reaching my mailbox if all else fails...

TTYL,
Adi