[ic] mv_check vs. mv_click ?

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Sat, 05 May 2001 15:45:59 -0700

At 11:48 AM 5/5/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been playing with mv_check but I also fell on mv_click...I have
>problems to differentiate them.
>
>I've been reading the doc but all i can retrieve is that mv_click "might"
>be the same except that it will occur before...(before what?).
>
>I also saw in the doc somewhere they talk about mv_click but the example
>involves an mv_check.
>It is the last example of the "One-Click Multiple Variables" section.
>
>So can anyone help me clarify this?

Nope.  But I can tell you what I learned regarding the "when" and "before
what":

mv_click seems to happen before everything else.  I.e. form values have not
been updated to the users' browser session input.  This is where you can do
something before everything else, but *after* the user clicked.  I think of
it as just happening at the same time the page loads, but after the user
clicks.

mv_check seems to happen after everything else, but before processing (i.e.
moving to mv_nextpage, etc.).  For me, that's the time to mess with user
inputs (which are now updated into [value ...]) and other things.

BTW, the above is probably nonsensical and horribly incorrect.  :-)  Let me
state, "I stand corrected" now so that I don't have to do it when Ed, CFM,
or Mike corrects me.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com