[ic] Forms validation

Jean-Pierre Parent interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 8 15:16:00 2001

I'm confused between order profiles and [error] for forms validation...

Does anyone can send me code samples other than the demo? What if its not
for an order...

Lets say a login or another form that will just gather info. What "tools"
would one use?
I'll search in the doc when I'll know what to search for =)

That whole forms thing is hard to swallow...I wish someone could explain it
to me. I've used forms for YEARS with ASP and PHP and I just cant understand
why its [process] instead of [process-target] as the action...nor what is
the difference between "submit", "return", "cancel" that you put in an
mv_todo or mv_doit or mv_click? or whatever...etc.

It looks like a completely different approach...

If someone thinks he can write something on the subject PLEASE use me as a
cobaye as I'm sure others will benefit a lot from this.

Thank you.

J.-P.