[ic] mv_click

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 9 12:35:00 2001

I am trying to adjust the main Search function in the Templates.

I'd like, if the user enters a number, to limit the mv_search_field to just the SKU field in that case.

In Perl, it seems that is as simple as,
  if ( $CGI_array->{'mv_searchspec'}[1] =~ /^\d+$/ ) {
    $CGI_array->{'mv_search_field'}[1] = "sku";
  }

And it seems like I am supposed to use mv_click to make it happen.

The problem is that the submit button is an image, and even when I name
it mv_click, it does not seem to execute the code wrapped in...
[set mv_click]
 [perl]
   Perl code mentioned above.
 [/perl]
[/set]

Am I correct in trying to set this up in the templates?
I would imagine pages/results.html would be too late to try to change
something like mv_search_field...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-jsn