[ic] mv_click

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 9 13:16:00 2001

At 12:37 PM 05/09/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>I am trying to adjust the main Search function in the Templates.
>
>I'd like, if the user enters a number, to limit the mv_search_field to
>just the SKU field in that case.
>
>In Perl, it seems that is as simple as,
>   if ( $CGI_array->{'mv_searchspec'}[1] =~ /^\d+$/ ) {
>     $CGI_array->{'mv_search_field'}[1] = "sku";
>   }
>
>And it seems like I am supposed to use mv_click to make it happen.
>
>The problem is that the submit button is an image, and even when I name
>it mv_click, it does not seem to execute the code wrapped in...
>[set mv_click]
>  [perl]
>    Perl code mentioned above.
>  [/perl]
>[/set]
>
>Am I correct in trying to set this up in the templates?
>I would imagine pages/results.html would be too late to try to change
>something like mv_search_field...

Your right. It seems that the input type 'image' does not recognize a name
or value attribute - though browsers will be tolerant if you give if
one.  You will have to resort to a 'click_map' or a javascript trick (see
the 'Checkout' button on the construct demo basket page) for this.  Take a
look at the docs on Forms (Interchange Templates is the correct section, I
think) for info on click maps.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax