[ic] Forms validation

Jean-Pierre Parent interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 9 18:57:00 2001

> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:11:38PM -0400, IC-Admin wrote:
> > >
> > > I just wanted to point out that this very small subset of the
> > > possibilities allows us to do everything.  It used to bother
> > > me that I did not know the differences between all the various
> > > options.  :-)
> > >
> > > cfm
> > >

> > I mean, if both, you and Dan Browning, are commenting this way,
> > I really wonder, why either the documenters or developers don't
> > try to write something up, which makes it a little bit clearer.
> >
> > Contrary to you, I haven't even seriously tried, because in
> > my case it just doesn't make sense to do so. But it always bothers me
> > if old timers like you both, are making those comments. It
> > makes me believe you have valid reasons to say so, and I think
> > they should be taken into account.
> >
> > Let's hope, someone from the documentation team, thinks the same
> > way or at least understands what you think is missing.
> >

> Vend -> minivend -> ic is now a huge animal.  We developed an early
> taste for a few choice parts and they work just fine.  The rest we
> leave.
>
> Don't read that to mean there is a problem with the documentation.  It
> means that there is more than one way to do it.  TIMTOWTDI.  That
> was what I wanted to point out more than anything.
>
> cfm

>> BF

How do you avoid using forms? =)

While still using a database and input from clients of course *grin*.

My point is I need to know how it works. I know I'll do it with months
of playing and the actual documentation but time is an issue for most of us.

If you got the knowledge please pass it on...For my part i'll gladly take
over
for others if you dont feel like doing it on large scale...

J.-P. (aka Izo on #interchange@irc.vensnews.com)