[ic] mv_click

Bill Randle interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 9 19:58:00 2001

On May 9,  6:46pm, cfm@maine.com wrote:
} Subject: Re: [ic] mv_click
} On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 02:56:35PM -0700, Bill Randle wrote:
} > On May 9,  3:46pm, JoshNarins@aol.com wrote:
} > } Subject: Re: [ic] mv_click
[snip]
} > } Which is where I will be going, but I thought I'd mention that the
} > } following does not work.
} > }
} > } }Try setting your mv_click value as a hidden field in the form. E.g.:
} > } }
} > } }     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click VALUE="Check for Number">
} > } }
} > } } Then name your mv_click block:
} > } }
} > } }     [set Check for Number]
} > } }       [perl]
} > } }          # your perl code
} > } }       [/perl]
} > } }     [/set]
} >
} > I just ran a test on this and it really does work - at least with
} > Minivend 4.04. I took an existing, known working form and modified
} > it slightly to use an image instead of a text submit button.
}
} Seems to me that what you are doing with the hidden variable is **always**
} setting mv_click and that in turn runs the perl.  Couldn't you just
} use a profile for this?

Yes, it will always run the mv_click block when the form is submitted.
I guess it depends on the design of the form and the alternative actions
a user can take, if any. I don't really know anything about the application
Josh was writing about.

It may be that using a search profile would work - especially in IC where,
if I remember correctly what I read, the use of profiles has been extended
somewhat over MV.

	-Bill