[ic] Help! Checked the FAQ and search archives but still clueless!

Ken Payne interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 10 09:18:01 2001

At 02:47 AM 5/10/2001, you wrote:
>You should find that if you have your secure checkout
>set to https://www.motorhaven.com/cgi-bin/construct,
>that it will work fine.

I can't.  Server certs, unless registered as wild-cards (more
expensive), point to a specific sub-domain.  On our system,
its secure.motorhaven.com.

>I have no idea why (as I'm
>pretty damn new to all of this) but I have tried it
>with several servers and found this problem on all of
>them.

For some reason, the session id is not passed via a form
variable.  I'm not sure (yet) how Interchange keeps tracks
of carts.

>It seems that the www.domainname.com/blah/blah
>must be the same with the http:// as with the https://
>or some browser versions will drop the cart contents,
>especially the newer versions of IE.  I even tried the
>sessionexpire and wideopen stuff too.  I had to switch
>hosts several times to find one that had their secure
>server setup in a way that would allow the cart
>contents to be passed and I found that many hosts
>didn't even realize that the problem existed until I
>bitched and complained many, many times.  But hey, if
>anyone knows a way around it, I would love to hear
>about it.

The problem is with Interchange.  There's no reason
why it should not be able to pass the cart session id from
one page to another, regardless of domains and whether
cookies are turned on (it can be passed as a form
variable).  I've being doing this for years with
"Web Store" from Extropia.com using a different sub-
domain (now) and a completely different domain (before
we got a dedicated machine).  I finally DID get it
working last night, using secure.motorhaven.com for
the secure and insecure cart but it turned out it
was a compile/install problem with SQL::Statement.

Later,
Ken