[ic] IC_TEST_CREATE table

Chad Leigh, Shire.Net LLC interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 10 11:03:00 2001

Hi

--On Tuesday, May 08, 2001 9:43 AM -0400 Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>
wrote:

> A workaround is to create a valid SQL creation statement and put it
> in the parameter CREATE_SQL:
>
> Database  country  CREATE_SQL   <<EOF
>     CREATE TABLE country (
>       code char(3) NOT NULL default '',
<snip>
>       KEY country_code (code)
>     )
> EOF

I have been working to try and get FrontBase (www.frontbase.com) to work
with interchange (4.6.5).  FrontBase is a strict SQL92 database and I am
running into problems with less strict syntax.  FrontBase support tells me
to follow the SQL92 standard and I am OK.

As an example, the IC_TEST_CREATE table was not being dropped when
configuring the database because the "drop table ic_test_creste" statement
is not SQL92 compliant, according to the FrontBase support team.  It needs
to be "drop table ic_test_create cascade" or "drop table ic_test_create
restrict".  Is there a way with interchange to specify, similar to the
abpve CREATE_SQL parameter, a DROP_SQL type parameter to specify howto drop
the IC_TEST_CREATE table?

Additionally, inserting sample values.  TIMESTAMP or DATE values, according
to QL92 standard as outlined by FrontBase support, needs to be:

"INSERT INTO FOO(COL) VALUES (DATE '2001-05-02')" or whatever
and not "INSERT INTO FOO(COL) VALUES ('2001-05-02')" (no DATE specifier)

Is there a way to give hints to the interchange config scripts on how to
construct the SQL insert statements with the sample data?

They reference the latest CJ Date SQL book as containing the SQL92
standard.  I don't have tatbook available so I have to take their word for
it.

Is there a document somewhere that outlines all the various parameters and
configuration possibilities for an SQL database?

Thanks in advance.
best regards
Chad