[ic] Debian problems

Víctor Romero interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 10 16:17:00 2001

El Jue 10 May 2001 21:38, escribiste:
> Víctor Romero <romero@kde.org> writes:
> > > Have you installed the tar.gz package or the debian package?
> >
> > 	The deb package, I always try to use the deb package before any other
> > thing...

> > > Thats a FAQ -> go to developer.akopia.com and search for it.

> > > Hint: look at the permission of the cgi binary...
> >
> > 	The strange thing about this is the faq page doenst work... but a search
> > of "unavailable" return this :
> >

> > We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
> >
> > (The following assumes that you were able to start the Interchange
> > server.)
> >
> > This could be almost anything, but with a properly configured Interchange
> > it is almost undoubtedly due to your cgi-bin and/or your Interchange
> > directory being located on a different filesystem than the actua machine
> > that is executing the program. VLINK uses UNIX-domain sockets, which
> > don't work on NFS-mounted filesystems.
> >
> > Iserver.com and other systems which use chroot HTTP servers require quite
> > a bit of extra configuration to get going. If you have not been careful
> > to set permissions properly when running in VLINK/UNIX mode, the link CGI
> > will not be able to communicate with the Interchange server. Please read
> > the documentation that covers this in detail.
> >
> > You can run in INET mode with the tlink link program to prevent those
> > problems.
> >

> > 	So Im still at the beggining, Im sure the cgi permisions are ok, and I
> > have just a root partition, and a /boot partition, so the partitions and
> > nfs shouldnt be the problem.
> >
> > 	In the other side I have that may be interchange server are not
> > correctly running, but :
> >
> > victor@kenny:~$ ps aux | grep interchange
> > 108        363  0.0  0.4 16888  556 ?        S    17:31   0:00
> > interchange victor    2602  0.0  0.5  1616  700 pts/2    S    21:24
> > 0:00 grep interchange
>
> Seems to be running. Please post the output of
>
> /etc/init.d/interchange restart

Restarting Interchange Server: interchange.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI....
...UI is loaded....
Interchange V4.6.5
Configuring catalog bytez...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:test_bytez.
done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 1466)
kenny:~#

> and
>
> ls -l /where/your/cgi/are

victor@kenny:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/cgi-bin/bytez
-rwxr-xr-x    1 intercha intercha     7948 may 10 22:08 /usr/lib/cgi-bin/bytez

> What is your interchange user ?

	interchange

> Bye

	Well... I have just fixed the problem using tcp sockets intstead unix sockets... may be a kernel problem or so... the fact is now it works at last ;)

	Thx all