[ic] Setting a catalog variable on a page

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 11 11:29:00 2001

Quoting bill@worldwideimpact.com (bill@worldwideimpact.com):
> How can I set a catalog variable from a page and have it persist?
>
> I want to do something like this:
>
> page1.html:
> [perl]
>         $Variable->{sql_select_items} = 'SELECT * FROM items';
>         return;
> [/perl]
>
> page2.html:
> __sql_select_items__

In 4.6 you can't. And you don't mention whether it is just to be
for this user -- if it is you could never do that.

In 4.7 variables can be dynamic from a database or file; you keep
it in the "variable" table and just change the value.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow