[ic] Socket problems with old MV-3.14 catalog

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 11 15:18:18 2001

Perhaps someone will be able to offer some insight on this?

Perl: version 5.005_03
OS: Red Hat Linux release 6.2 (Zoot)
         Kernel 2.2.14-5.0smp on an i686
MV: 3.14
Apache: 1.3.19

No changes have been made to the above configuration; however, a client's
catalog, running in a virtual domain with its own MV installation, suddenly
took ill within the last 24 hours.  Any attempts to pull up the catalog
result in a 500 error, or 'We're Sorry,...unavailable' when a locale path
construct is used.

Nothing in the catalog or mvend error logs.  Apache's error log is filled
with messages like this since the problem manifested itself:

ALERT: MiniVend /cgi-bin/catname.cgi signal: Broken pipe (0)
ALERT: MiniVend server (216.10.1.117 7781) not running for /cgi-bin/catname.cgi
[Fri May 11 09:43:28 2001] [error] [client 212.155.248.22] Premature end of
script headers: /home/username/html/cgi-bin/catname.cgi

I've tried the usual list of Minivend and *nix-related fixes, to no
avail.  Obviously something has changed, but my bag of tricks is
empty.  Other MV installs (same version) in other virtual domains on the
other server are running fine.  I have not yet reinstalled MV for this user
- that will be my next act, baring any better insights.  Perhaps someone
has been down this road before?  Any suggestions, no matter how seemingly
obvious, will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax