[ic] still can't install on irix 6.5

Darren Bayliss interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 16 14:19:00 2001

Hello,
I mailed the list a week or so ago and had no reply, so i'm trying again.

So far i have been unabled to install interchange onto our server.
It is an origin200 with irix 6.5 installed running Netscape fastTrack. It is
also running NFS. I have installed perl 5.005.03;

origin2 2# perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for irix-n32

Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

I have a copy of  interchange -4.7.1, as this was recommended for our
server, which for some reason fails on the last test;

> > Manifying blib/man1/interchange.1
> >         PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/sbin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
> > -I/usr/freewarel
> > server/unixmode.......ok 1
> > server/startup........ok 2
> > link/unixmode.........ok 3
> > server/inetmode.......The Interchange server is already running (process
> id
> > 298)
> > ok 4
> > link/inetmode.........ok 5
> > server/control........not ok 6
> > ok 6
> > 6 tests run -- 1/6 failed.
> > *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> >  6#

It was suggested that i install using the Makefile.PL, this also terminates
before any install is complete; nothing is installed in /usr/local/ after
any of the install scripts have been ran;

origin2 6# perl Makefile.PL make install
Interchange cannot be run as root. Which user should run Interchange?
[interch]

 Interchange V4.7.1

  Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Red Hat, Inc. <info@akopia.com>

 Interchange is free under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Where is your Interchange to be installed? [/usr/local/interchange]

Writing Makefile for Interchange
origin2 7#

This is probably the last attempt at resolving this, i will probably have to
buy something off the shelf.

Can anyone help ????????

Regards,

Darren Bayliss