[ic] Interchange - Webmin - MakeCat

Minivend interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 17 02:46:01 2001

Mike Heins-

Info & Problem/Question:

I have written an interface to your makecat that
integrates with the Webmin Software (webmin.com) so
that it makes it EXTREMELY easy to add new stores...
It builds a list of domains from apache, then after
selecting one, it makes pretty good assumptions as
to the layout of the store etc...
I will be releasing this module to the Public soon
at www.ThirdPartyModules.com/webmin, but.. and here
is the Problem part..

I have it working from the command line perfectly,
except I cannot add it with a mysql DB.  I can
create the Db programmatically (by making foreign
calls to the Webmin mysql module for example) and
add a user as well, but what can I pass to makecat
(I can't find anything) to setup the store
pre-configured to that mysql DB.  Can we add something
to makecat to handle this?  or is there a
"postcommand/precommand" I need to run to make this
happen?

Thanks for your help!  And (since all programmers like
kudos..)  THANKS FOR A GREAT PIECE OF SOFTWARE!
(I am a Long time user.. since MV 2x-3x-4x->IC)

I appreciate your help, and hopefully this module I
have written will make it easier for all those "Non-techies"
or people who should not ever really have shell access
(like some of the people who work for me), but need the
ability to add new stores, etc.  I am going to add a bunch
of functionality to this module as time goes on, including
the ability to edit the /etc/interchange.cfg file (Delete
stores, change variables,etc) and handle some Master
Administration stuff I've done at the Command Line for
SOO long.  I plan on updating this to continue to work with
your future releases, as I have made it Extemely Modular for
me to build onto.  I also plan on adding some functionality
into it, so clients of mine who want to add a store on their
account, can just log-in to their web interface, and click
"Add E-Commerce Software Interchange to my account", and it
makes all the right assumptions, and sets them up.  Voila.

Again, thanks for the software and your help!

Anyone else on the list who would like to help test this as
I near completion / suggest ideas / Work on some development,
email me at richt@teachout.com off this list.

Oh yeah, and one more thing.. This Module is of course GPL!

     - Richard Teachout
	 1-877-385-8634
     |             JRT Consulting, L.L.C.         |
     |     Web Design / E-Commerce / Programming  |
     /) richt@teachout.com      JRTconsulting.net |
    / )Voicemail: 314-579-3838   909-494-5408     |
  \       /
   \   __/
    |   |
    |   |