[ic] Binary Search Indexes Not Being Created

Christopher VanOosterhout interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 17 09:50:00 2001

Greetings all,

I am not able to get Interchange to index certain fields in my database for
the quick binary search.

I would like to create three fields in the product table to be searched
that way.  I have the following entries in my catalog.cfg file:

Database products products.txt TAB
Database userdb userdb.txt TAB
Database products INDEX category:c
Database products INDEX engines:c
Database area area.txt TAB
Database cat cat.txt TAB
Database products INDEX sku

It is my understanding that this should create three individual databases
especially for enhanced binary searching on the fields: category, engines
and sku.   All of the files were listed in catalog.cfg file originally
except for the last one.  I added the last one recently and that indexed
... the other two INDEX designations never have indexed and still are not.

The first two do not NOW have more than one comma delimited entry per field
but may in the future.

For some reason Interchange is only creating the supplemental database for
sku and not for category or engines.

Any ideas why this would be? The configuration information above is a
direct copy (spaces, etc all left in tact).

Christopher

-
Christopher VanOosterhout
Torresen Marine, Inc.