[ic] basket & refresh

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 17 12:19:01 2001

At 12:13 PM 05/17/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Javier Martin wrote:
>[DEL]
> > 2. If I refresh the basket page, the last item adds and adds again to the
> > cart, how do I avoid that?
>
>Have you
>
>SeparateItems    Yes
>
>in your catalog.cfg? Try
>
>SeparateItems    No
>
>Joachim

Then the qty will increase each time you refresh, instead of adding another
line item.  The reason this happens is that the basket page is displayed as
the direct result of an (order) form submission. Each time you
refresh/reload the page, you are submitting the form again - thus another
unit goes in the basket.

One way around this is to make a page like basket_bounce.html, and make
that your default basket page (in catalog.cfg)

SpecialPage         order  ord/basket_bounce.html

The contents of basket_bounce.html would be:

[tag op=header interpolate=1]
Location: [area ord/basket]
[/tag][set mv_no_cache]1[/set]

...the redirect separates the form submission from the display of the
basket page, so refreshing it will not force duplicates into the
basket.  To my memory I have only done this in MV3 catalogs but it should
work in Interchange, as it is more of a CGI issue than specifically IC-related.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax