[ic] Why IC won't create all of my comma field INDEX databases

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 17 14:06:00 2001

At 11:07 PM 05/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>I have the following entries in my catalog.cfg file:
>
>Database products products.txt TAB
>Database userdb userdb.txt TAB
>Database products INDEX category:c
>Database products INDEX engines:c
>Database area area.txt TAB
>Database cat cat.txt TAB
>Database products INDEX sku
>
>It is my understanding that this should create three individual databases
>especially for enhanced binary searching on the fields: category, engines
>and sku.
>
>The first two do not NOW have more than one comma delimited entry per
>field but may in the future.
>
>For some reason Interchange is only creating the supplemental database for
>sku and not for category or engines.
>
>Any ideas why this would be?  The configuration information above is a
>direct copy (spaces, etc all left in tact).
>
>Christopher

The format for the INDEX option of the Database directive is not fully
documented, but this question has been answered on the list
before.  Basically, it is stored as a scalar, so you can only have one
instance of the directive in catalog.cfg.  So if you want to build multiple
indexes, it must look like this:

Database products INDEX category:c engines:c sku

...hopefully this will play well with the ':c' option - I have never tried it.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax