[ic] Install problems with MySQL

Michael Lehmkuhl interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 18 15:51:01 2001

Hello.

I'm a newbie to Interchange, but I'm extremely excited about it.  The demo
installation really got me turned on to the speed and flexibility of this
tool.

However, I downloaded and am trying to install the software on my server,
and I'm having problems with MySQL.  The problem comes when trying to start
up the server for the first time after adding the first catalog.  I'm
running Interchange V4.6.5, bsdi, MySQL 3.22.14b, Perl 5.005_03.

Below is the output of interchange:

########## interchange OUTPUT ########################################

> bin/interchange -r
The Interchange server was not running
(/usr/home/electric/usr/local/etc/httpd/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI....
...UI is loaded....
Interchange V4.6.5
Configuring catalog pulpstore...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:interchange_pulpstore.
table orderline created: create table orderline (
code char(14) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
store_id CHAR(9) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, index(store_id),
order_number CHAR(14) NOT NULL, index(order_number),
session CHAR(32) NOT NULL,
username CHAR(20) default '' NOT NULL,
shipmode CHAR(32) default '' NOT NULL,
sku CHAR(14) NOT NULL,
quantity CHAR(9) NOT NULL,
price CHAR(12) NOT NULL,
subtotal CHAR(12) NOT NULL,
shipping CHAR(12),
taxable CHAR(3),
size VARCHAR(30),
color VARCHAR(30),
options VARCHAR(255),
order_date varchar(32) NOT NULL,
update_date timestamp,
status VARCHAR(32),
parent CHAR(9),
affiliate char(128),
campaign char(128),
description char(128)
)

table orderline index failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
pulpstore config error: MySQL server has gone away

pulpstore: error in configuration. Skipping.
pulpstore: config error. Skipping.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 27199)

########## interchange OUTPUT ########################################

That first table, orderline, is set up as a MySQL table, but none of the
other tables were created.

The way I understand it from reading the archives of this list is that
Interchange will initialize the catalog tables in the database on the first
run of that catalog.  Unfortunately, the problems that occurred for users in
the archives of this list revolved around not having MySQL permissions.  I
do have MySQL permissions, since the orderline table was created.  Is this a
problem with MySQL, or DBI, or Interchange, or _______?  Any ideas?

I'd appreciate any assistance anyone could give us in troubleshooting and
correcting this project.

Thanks very much.

I am looking forward to getting us up and running.

--
Michael Lehmkuhl <michael@electricpulp.com>
Partner, Electric Pulp

1.605.988.0177 : 1.888.722.PULP