[ic] images in Interchange

Tim Watts interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 22 23:25:01 2001

Guy,

I had the same problem on my initial install.
The images are in a directory called akopia.
It needs to be in html space. If it is not, you need to reinstall or move it
to html space and make a symbolic link to the moved directory. The symbolic
link should be at the location of the original directory and have the same
name.
-------------------------------------
To create the symbolic link in Unix, at the Unix prompt enter the following
command:

  ln -s /path/to/pubilc_html/akopia akopia
                                    ^^^^^^
                                    symbolic link

You should be in the directory which originally contained the 'akopia'
directoy. '/path/to/pubilc_html/akopia' is the absolute path to the moved
directory in html space. 'akopia' at the end of the command is the symbolic
link in the original directory. The ln command then creates the symbolic
link.

-------------------------------------
Generic instructions to create a symbolic link.
I use this to link my html_public directory to the catalogs which are out of
public space so I can use images that are generic to all pages in the cart
and the existing site.

To create a symbolic link in Unix, at the Unix prompt enter the following
command:

  ln -s source_file myfile

Replace source_file with your existing file for which you want to create the
symbolic link (this file can be any existing file or directory across the
file systems). Replace myfile with the symbolic link. The ln command then
creates the symbolic link. After you've made the symbolic link, you can do
an operation on or execute myfile, just as you could with the source_file.
You can use normal file management commands (e.g., cp , rm , etc.) on the
symbolic link.

--
Tim Watts
president