[ic] Cookie Setting Not Working

David Totten interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 23 08:01:00 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:38:04AM -0600, Russ Mann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this code on my logout.html page
>
> [set name=done int][userdb function=logout clear=1][/set]
> [set-cookie name=MV_USERNAME value=""]
> [set-cookie name=MV_PASSWORD value=""]

This will only set in memory cookies. If you want the cookie to be written to
the cookies.txt file, then you must provide an expire parameter.

[set-cookie name=MV_USERNAME value="" expire="Tue, 03-Apr-2001 17:00:00 GMT"]

Taken from some of the new 4.8 docs is this exerpt:

2.69.2.3. expire

Persistent cookies (that outlive a browser session) require an expiration date. The date must be a string of the form:

"Wdy, DD-Mon-YYYY HH:MM:SS GMT"

and the timezone must be GMT.

If you do not supply a date, the cookie will disappear when the user closes the browser.

Dave Totten

--
Start random buzzword text:
For example, a multi-corporation extranet solution affects a significant implementation of the anticipated fourth-generation equipment.