[ic] gpg error: credit card encryption failed

Curt Hauge interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 23 22:28:01 2001

IC 4.6.5-1 rpm - Construct - Default DB - Redhat 7.0 - Perl 5.6

Hi list,

I have been trying to figure this out all day. I've tried everything except
the right thing. I have gpg 1.05 installed on my server and PGP installed on
my clients Windows box. I have exported the public key from PGP and imported
into gpg on the Redhat box. I have all the settings correct. Credit card
encryption works GREAT for MY key, but I have exported a second key (clients
key) with a different email address and can not get the second one to work.
I keep getting:

(Credit card encryption failed: )

on the checkout page.

I also get this in my debug file:

gpg: orders@my_clients_site.com: skipped: public key not found
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: public key not found

Both keys are on the same keyring (pubring.gpg) so both should be equally
available and have the same permissions on them. I have chown
interch:interch on the pubring.gpg file and still no go. (And it always
works for MY key)

Here is my ENCRYPTOR setting in variable.txt:

/usr/local/bin/gpg --always-trust --batch -ea -r orders@my_clients_site.com
2>/tmp/debug_gpg

I can swap out orders@my_clients_site.com for MY email and it works upon
"applying changes" in admin.

I can do this from the command line on the Redhat box:

echo 'hello world' | gpg -ear orders@my_clients_site.com

and it outputs an encrypted message which I can decrypt with the secret key
on the Windows box.

Am I forgetting to do something after I import the public key? After
importing, I have tried:

lspgpot client_data.asc | gpg --import-ownertrust

and

lspgpot orders@my_clients_site.com | gpg --import-ownertrust

I even swapped the | for : but no go.

Now, it does work great for one key but, sadly, the key that works is MY
email address and not my clients. I also have another key on that public
keyring which signed both imported keys. Any hints where I should look next?
I have been all over gnupg.org and through the akopia archives again. Should
I su interch? I'm clueless.

TIA

Curt Hauge