[ic] My templates must work !!! How I do ????

Samir G. Barak interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 25 18:19:00 2001

Hi guys!

I need a little help!
I understand a little the concept of the templates.
But I don't know I am been blind or if I am really right:
doesn't exist a way of inserting the content of the store
in a specific place?

For example ...
I have a site design like this:

_____________________
|                     |
|         top         |
|                     |
|---------------------|
|      |              |
|      |              |
| left |     main     |
|      |              |
|      |              |
|---------------------|
|                     |
|        bottom       |
|_____________________|

I create the regions 'top', 'left' and 'bottom'.
But I want (and I really need) create (in fact) the
region like 'main'.

Because I need that all contents of Interchange, always
display inside there.
For not change the existing design of the site.

I have to do a website with more complex layout (with
countless tables and tables and tables, inside tables and
tables and tables...) , and I donīt undestand how I place
the contents in a especific (and FIXED) place.

In this way (top, left and bottom), the contents always
appears out of the main place. Like in the final of page ...

I don't know more than to do to solve that.

It would be good if existed a TAGs like this:

@_INSERT-CONTENT-HERE_@
@_INSERT-SEARCH-HERE_@
@_INSERT-MENU-HERE_@

So, it would be enough to place them inside of the HTML code.

<<< SOMEONE, HELP ME PLEAAAAAAAASE !!! >>>>

Thanks for all!